If you are going to take homeopathic treatment, then please do consider the points stated in this article as guidelines to take homeopathic medicines.
Do View the Video on How to take Homeopathic Medicines (Male voice over)
Do View the Video on How to take Homeopathic Medicines (Female voice over)
1. Touching Homeopathic Medicines: Do not touch the homeopathic medicines; do not take on to your palm before taking it, as touching the medicines reduces potency. Touch exposes it to unhygienic conditions as well. Always take the medicines in the cap of the bottle or in a stainless-steel spoon and directly in pour the pills below the tongue.
2. The half an hour rule: Do not eat or drink anything half an hour before and after taking the medicine. That means if you wish to take medicine at 10 o’clock then do not consume anything from 9.30 to 10; take the medicine on 10 o’ clock and then till 10.30 do not consume anything. The only exception to this rule is plain water. Plain drinking water is permitted 5 minutes before or after taking the medicines.
3. Addictions: Do not smoke, chew tobacco, and drink alcohol while you are taking homeopathic medicines, as it may antidote the effects of the medicines.
4. Coffee: With recent research studies it has been proved that if you follow “half an hour” rule: not to have anything half an hour before and after the medicine rule then coffee does no harm even if you are taking homeopathic medicines BUT for some homeopathic medicines coffee acts as an antidote; as there are medicines prepared by using coffee in the crude as well as in the roasted form. That is why your homeopath will be a right person to guide you whether coffee is allowed or not along with the homeopathic medicines dispensed by him.
5. Onion, garlic, ginger and other strong smelling substances: Once you are following the “half an hour” rule then you can eat raw onion, garlic, ginger, and other strong-smelling substances along with homeopathic medicines.
6. Other dietary restrictions: It is not mandatory for homeopathic treatment to follow certain dietary restrictions exceptionally for homeopathic medicines. BUT for diseases like bronchial asthma, allergic rhinitis, gout, or for the disease in which the intensity of the symptoms increases after consuming a specific food item, you need to avoid that specific food item and follow the dietary restrictions for some period, till you start responding to the homeopathic treatment. Once you respond curatively to the homeopathic treatment there is no need to continue the dietetic restrictions. As homoeopathy has cured your tendency to react to a substance which otherwise is not hazardous. Such a cure is ideal homoeopathic cure.
7. Other medications:
Allopathic: if you are a blood pressure, diabetes, epilepsy patient and if you are taking certain medicines for past many months then it is not advisable to stop the medicines abruptly as it may aggravate the disease for which you are taking allopathic medicines for such an extensive period. Once you start responding positively to homeopathic treatment then your physician who had started those allopathic medicines will himself / herself will advise you to curtail down the medicines.
Ayurvedic: Most of the Ayurvedic medicines and homeopathic medicines have the same source and only the mode of preparation differs. Because of that it is better to confront your Homoeopathic doctor which Ayurvedic medicine (along with the contents of it) you are taking. If the medicines have adverse effect to each other, then your homeopath may advise you to stop the Ayurvedic medicines. Instructions printed on our medicine envelope in which we dispense Homoeopathic Medicines at our clinic.