I have compiled a list of diseases that can be successfully treated, cured with the help of homoeopathy. May be some of the diseases skipped my mind while making this list of diseases. The view expressed in these subsequent article lists are my personal views which were formulated after experience in treating the diseases listed here. In order to formulate first hand impression during my internship I have read almost all the homoeopathic literature. This reading lead me to analyze the old literature and review it in the light of current medical practice. Hence the view of different homoeopath may differ from the ones expressed here. At times it has been proven over a period of time that some cases may fail to yield cure. However, the same cases treated by another homoeopath can be cured completely. Hence if some one has taken treatment from a homoeopath and if it has not yielded cure that does not mean that it is not possible to cure a particular disease. Homoeopathy per se have not failed but the physician’s approach to treat the case has failed. The physician some where may have skipped some important milestone that lead to a failure. Hence it is recommended that it should never be considered that homoeopathy failed in a certain condition, there still has a chance to get cured with another approach to the case.
|Disease||Scope of Homoeopathy||Limitations of Homoeopathy||Other Details|
|Dandruff||Cured easily with homoeopathic management.||NA|
|Depression||Depression can be cured completely with homoeopathic treatment.||In few severe cases where the patient is violent, we may require to take a psychiatrist’s treatment to begin with.||Psychotherapy / family therapy may be required in some patients in whom the family or work environment is detrimental to the cure process.|
|Diabetes||A pandemic is on the rise and it is expected to have increase in umber of patients by 2025. Homoeopathy can certainly control blood sugar. Diabetes secondary to stress can be completely cured.||NA||
1. Some patients will need to start with allopathic anti-diabetic drugs. Along with homoeopathic medicines lifestyle modification is a must.
2. To know more about Lifestyle modifications log on to www.wellbiance.com.
|Diarrhoea||Infective, or due to diseases like Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) can be completely cured.||NA||Oral rehydration therapy is must in dehydrated patients.|
|Dizziness / Vertigo||May be due to multiple causes such as cervical spondylitis / Meniere’s disease (what is it? Ref 1 / Ref 2), it can be cured along with the main condition giving rise to vertigo as a symptom.||NA||Alterations in daily nutrition in cases of cervical spondylosis due to osteoporosis is a must.|
|Dysentry||Infective or due to diseases like Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) can be completely cured.||NA||Diet restrictions may have to be followed in some case for some period.|
|Dysmenorrhoea – Severe Pain in abdomen / back during Menses||
|Dyspepsia – Acidity||Dyspepsia / acidity can be completely cured even homoeopathic remedies can act as antacids and can relieve acute exacerbation.||NA||Lifestyle modifications in terms of Meditation, yoga along with homoeopathy will yield additional advantages.|
|Eczema (long lasting allergic skin condition giving rise to dark patches on skin with / without discharge)||Homoeopathy can completely cure eczema along with the discoloration.||NA||It has been observed that in some patients asthma, allergic rhinitis are linked with eczema in those patients will need to take homoeopathic treatment for that condition for complete cure.|
|Fissures / Piles||Fissures and piles (haemorrhoids) can be completely cured with homoeopathic management. Click here to refer to cases section to watch videos.||Has limited scope in case where there has been damage by an earlier surgeon to the supports of rectum and due to which there is prolapse.||Lifestyle modification in terms of change in diet and nutrition is inevitable.|
|Fracture||Homoeopathic medicines can enhance healing once the fracture is reduced either by open surgery or by close reduction.||
1. Open / close reduction under anaesthesia in complex fractures is a must.
2. Orthopedic / Radiological assessment / opinion is a must before and after homoeopathic treatment.
|Frozen Shoulder||Homoeopathic remedies can act as an anti-spasmodic and can relieve the pain and can cure frozen shoulder.||NA||NA|
- Dr. Ashutosh Pradhan’s (since 1992) own clinical experience.
- Dictionary of Practical Materia Medica – Dr. J. H. Clarke (Click Here for Author’s Info)
- The Chronic Diseases – Dr. Samuel Hahnemann (Click Here for Author’s Info) (Click Here for the Book Online)
- The Lesser Writings of Dr. Samuel Hahnemann (Click Here for Author’s Info)
- Kent’s Lesser Writings (Click Here for the Book Online)
- The Principles and Art of Cure by Homoeopathy – Dr. H. A. Robert (Click Here to access the book online.)
- The Genius of Homoeopathy – Lectures and Essays on Homoeopathic Philosophy – Dr. Stuart Close (Click Here to access the book online.)
- Lectures on Homoeopathic Philosophy – Dr. J. T. Kent (Click Here to access the book online.)
- The Therapeutics of Intermittent Fever – HC Allen (Click Here to access the book online.)