- Category: Musculoskeletal System
- Last Updated: Friday, 23 January 2015 07:09
- Published: Tuesday, 29 April 2014 14:01
- Hits: 1930
Arthritis is the main term used to describe more than 100 joint disorders? Arthritis is an inflammation of one or more joints, and symptoms, range from mild aches and stiffness to severe pain and crippling deformity. Osteoarthritis, also known as degenerative joint disease, is the most common arthritic disorder. It is a result of the wear and tear on the joints that aging produces. Inheriting a tendency for defective cartilage and engaging in injury-producing activities like football and ballet can increase your likelihood of developing osteoarthritis. The knees being the weight bearing joints they suffer from osteoarthritis quite often. Rheumatoid arthritis is one of the most debilitating forms of the disease. This disorder affects not only joints, but also surrounding tissues, mostly in the hands, feet, and arms. Rheumatoid arthritis has been described as an autoimmune disease, in which the immune system of the body attacks the joints. Other forms of related joint diseased are ankylosing spondylitis, which is arthritis of the spine, and infective arthritis, which can develop when bacteria from a wound or an infection in the bloodstream invade a joint. Gout is a metabolic disorder that may cause pain in hand, knee, and toe joints, often produces arthritis as its primary symptom. Osteoporosis that is brittleness of bones can be a precipitating cause in case of females.
Arthritis - Self Help
- A regular exercise program can contribute substantially to joint mobility and pain reduction.
- The combination of exercise and physiotherapy can help slow the rate of joint deterioration.
- For severe attacks, curtailing some daily activities or remaining in bed for a day or two may diminish the pain.
- Soaking in a warm bath may provide relief. Applying cold compresses or hot packs to the affected area can also help.
- An arthritic person who is overweight should shed excess pounds to reduce joint strain.
Arthritis - Homoeopathic Treatment
- Constitutional Remedy. (Click Here to read more on Constitutional Remedy)
- Rhus tox - Is a symptomatic remedy that controls pain and may not help to cure the condition completely all alone. The patient will have to take a constitutional treatment. The pain that aggravates while beginning to walk is being reduced by using this remedy.
- Bryonia - Another pain killer remedy may not cure the condition. The pain that aggravates after movement demands this remedy.
- Ruta - A remedy often prescribed for joint pain after a trauma. Especially the trauma is to the ligaments and soft tissue structure.
- Arnica - Pain in the joints after many years of injury. The pain is bruised and lame. The patient feels the bed very hard to sleep on.
- Causticum - The joint pains in this are muscular in origin. The pain is likely to be because of paresis of the muscles of the extremities.
- Colchicum - The arthritis is because of gout. That is increase in the serum uric acid levels. The patient has a sense of powerlessness in the joints involved.
- Gnaphalium - There is radiating pain because of osteoporosis at the vertebral level. The pain radiate from the thighs to the knee joints.
- Other remedies - Kali bich, Guaiacum, Lithium carb, Lycopodium.
Arthritis - After the Homoeopathic Treatment
Usually any one having Arthritis responds to the Homoeopathic treatment. However, for a case of arthritis the cure differs from patient to patient. In cases of early arthritis cure is possible. If the patient is suffering from chronic arthritis with crippling deformities then Homoeopathy can control pain but complete cure may not be possible. Such kind of crippling deformities are seen in cases of Rheumatoid Arthritis.